(with lots more in the works)
This mini-course offers 10 key tips for improving your analytical writing from a former senior CIA analytic manager who reviewed thousands of analytic products. By the end of this course you’ll be able to avoid common pitfalls that can distract your reader from understanding your product’s message, believing it, or even deciding to read it in the first place. If you consistently follow these tips, your managers and editors will spend less time fixing your work and more time appreciating your analytic skills.
Mastering the Unwritten Rules of Executive Presence
Executive presence isn’t just for executives. Every professional consciously and unconsciously communicates their competence to bosses, coworkers, and customers. Learn how to hone your presence to become a more effective, trusted, and respected professional.
Our First Wave
We’re working on a dozen courses we plan on launching in the next few months, including:
- Analytic Writing for an Executive Customer
- How To Succeed as an Analyst
- Assessing Leaders From Politicians and CEOs to Terrorists and Technologists
- Introduction to Terrorism Analysis
- How Bad Actors Can Exploit Your Social Media Presence
- The Role of Intelligence in National Security
- Denial and Deception in the Internet Age
- Fundamentals of Risk Assessment
- China’s Strategic Culture
- Overview of the Chinese Military
- Pakistan’s Strategic Culture
- Leading in a Crisis
If there are other courses you’d like to see for yourself or for analysts working for you, please contact us below and let us know. If there’s a course you think you could add to this list, please visit our Proficiency1 page for potential instructors.